Imagine you were allowed to get your 20’s skin back with a simple wish. You will surely love that now, wouldn’t you? Nature, in her kindness, has given us some herbs for aging skins. These herbs, when used rightly, will return the youthful and vibrant look of your skin. If you have been using different anti-aging skin products with no positive results, these herbs are worth giving a try.
Aging is a process of life that we all have to pass through. The most visible signs of aging are on the skin. It may come in the form of wrinkles, fine lines, and dull appearance. Although aging in itself cannot be stopped or reversed, you can control its signs. Several products promise anti-aging benefits, and we will be looking at fifteen natural herbal products that can help.
Top Herbs For Aging Skin
Tulsi or holy basil may help in preventing aging signs. Excessive exposure to UV causes depletion of collagen and damages the skin. Collagen is a compound responsible that keeps the skin elastic.
Researchers discovered that applying basil topically, helps in retaining the level of skin moisture, prevent wrinkles, smoother skin, reduce scaliness, and skin roughness.
Method of use
- First, you need to get one cup of basil leaves, one tablespoon of gram flour and one teaspoon of honey.
- Soften the leaves in a bowl of warm water and make them into a paste.
- Mix the paste with honey and gram flour.
- Apply this mixture to your face and allow it to dry.
- Wash off with water.
Cinnamon is known for its medicinal properties. It is also known to have some anti-aging effects because it prevents the breakdown of collagen and prevents the skin from losing its elasticity. According to research, cinnamon may prevent signs of aging by boosting collagen synthesis.
Method of use
- First, you have to get one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon of raw honey. Mix both ingredients in a container
- Apply it as a face mask
- Let it stay on your face for ten to fifteen minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
Clove has powerful health benefits. Oil derived from clove is used to treating several ailments in Ayurveda. The research found out that there are certain antioxidants in clove that scavenge free radicals slowing down aging signs.
Method of use
- Get one tablespoon of coconut oil and three drops of clove oil.
- Use warm water to wash or steam your face
- Mix clove and coconut oil
- Massage these oil mixture on your skin/face and allow it to remain for thirty minutes
- Wash off with cold water
Chineses and Ayurvedic medicine have used this herb for centuries to treat several ailments. This herb possesses anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that prevent aging signs.
Method of use
- You need two tablespoons of olive oil, four tablespoons of brown sugar, and one tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Use a cleanser to clean your skin first
- Mix all ingredients and wash your face with the mixture for ten minutes. Allow it to stay for another five to ten minutes and then wash face with warm water.
Other Herbal Solution
- Guggulu: This is a potent herb gotten from the Mukul myrrh tree. From a study, we know that this herb helps to prevent wrinkles and inhibits harmful radicals effects in the body.
- Ginkgo: This herb has immense benefits, especially in boosting one’s memory. It also exhibits some anti-aging effects. Studies show that ginkgo improves the texture of the skin, its smoothness, and prevents wrinkles.
- Ashwagandha: This is a winter cherry or Indian ginseng that has medicinal properties. It has antifungal, cognitive boosting, and antibacterial properties. This herb also has lots of alkaloids that protect against oxidative stress and cell damage. Thus, keeping the skin younger.
- Horsetail: Another name for this hern we the nates tailor have gross. This herb contains silicon, which is good at giving glowing and youthful skin. This herb also has vitamins C and E, coenzyme Q10 that improves collagen in the skin. It neutralizes harmful radicals while protecting the skin.
- Oregano: These herbs make your food tastier and slow down skin aging. Oregano contains high amounts of flavonoids and antioxidants, and prevent aging signs from being visible and prevent radical damage.
- Rosemary: It protects the skin from photodamage, and UV rays exposures which lead to wrinkles, fine lines and other aging signs induced by UV. This herb will not only prevent photodamage but will also improve the skin’s elasticity.
Other herbs that will help you fight against skin aging are sage, thyme, gotu kale, and turmeric. All these can be used in a similar method to the top five although, some have used will very differently.
However, these products usually come with instructions on how to use it or seek a dermatologist’s help.
Long before the synthetic skin products we know today exist, people have been using herbs to treat their skin issues include aging signs and other skin conditions.
While herbs for aging skin may not be scientifically full proven, there are lots of positive testimony that makes it worth trying out. In f, an act some dermatologists even recommends them.